Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sinful Colors Professional Nail Enamel - Hottie & I Love You

Sinful Colors Professional in "Hottie"- ($1.99) A sheer blue with small flecks of glitter. This is a very pretty color that is comparable to OPI's "Last Friday Night" from the Katy Perry line. With a few coats it can be worn alone and doesn't have to be worn over another color to get full coverage. The consistency of this polish is what bothers me, it is very gooey and I had a hard time painting it on. I am sure that the OPI version is not as goopy since I do have "Teenage Dream" which is the same type of polish but in pink. Another thing I noticed is that it chips VERY easily without a top coat, like literally same day application and the polish is completely gone. I forgot my top coat this weekend when I traveled and after showering it removed all of my nail polish. So wear a top coat for sure!! It is nice that it has the same execution of the more expensive counterpart but it's formula is definitely not as nice. If you are looking for a cheap buy with little downfall, then definitely pick up "Hottie".

  • APPLICATION: 2/5
  • PIGMENTATION: 3/5
  • LONGEVITY: 2/5
  • VALUE: 5/5
  • OVERALL: 2.5/5   



(One Coat, Two Coats, and Three Coats)



Sinful Colors Professional in "I Love You"- ($1.99) A shimmery plum purple. This polish goes on much better than "Hottie". It is very pigmented and doesn't go on as sheer as some other cheap nail polishes. It has a beautiful light shimmer that can be seen in the light but isn't extremely noticeable. What I found when painting my nails and the nail wheel is that it takes a very long time to dry. It remains tacky for a while so this polish will also definitely need a top coat immediately after your last coat is semi-dry. Other than that, I found that this is definitely a nice purchase for the price of the product. I would expect that a polish this inexpensive to be a bad formula but this one seems to be pretty nice.
  • APPLICATION: 3.5/5
  • PIGMENTATION: 4/5
  • LONGEVITY: 3/5
  • VALUE: 5/5
  • OVERALL: 3.5/5   
 

(one coat, two coats, three coats)



    Where to Buy: Walgreens, Target

    2 comments:

    I have all the same problems with Hottie. I just cannot keep it on no matter what I do with it.
    Really? I was going to see how well it worked out with a top coat, I was hoping a bit better but if not then it's definitely not worth it! Just go with the $8 bottle of 'Last Friday Night' I suppose!

    Post a Comment