Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Drugstore Foundations Swatches and Review


Going through my foundations, I decided to do a quick post about my current drugstore foundations. Foundation is a must in my make-up routine and finding an affordable foundation is definitely important. I have found that drugstore products can sometimes be just as good as high end, especially for foundations.

I have several foundations and like to mix up which ones I use whether it be my skin is not looking its best and I need more coverage or I have a little more color than I usually do. I truly believe that having the perfect base can make you feel better about yourself throughout the day. Continue reading to find out what I think about four different drugstore foundations that are currently in my collection!


Revlon Colorstay Makeup for Oily/Combination skin ($11.99) - Matte finish. This is a HEAVY duty foundation with a matte like finish. This foundation definitely covers my redness and blemishes with ease! To be honest, I don't like to use this often since I really think that it has a heavy feeling to it and it is noticeable that I am wearing foundation. I like to save this for when I know that my skin has no chance of looking flawless for a long time since this foundation is extremely long lasting. It was a favorite of mine until I discovered another foundation (continue reading to find out which one it is ;) ) Overall, I know lots of people who adore this foundation but it isn't the perfect one for me. I will rebuy in a darker color when this one runs out (I finished my last one but I purchased the wrong color this time around, DOH!)

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation ($7.99) - Dewy finish. This is a light foundation with nice coverage. I notice when applying swatches that this foundation is a lot more "runny" than the other foundations and took a much longer time to dry. I have oily skin so this does not last as long as some of my other foundations, but I usually don't wear a light foundation if I am going to be gone for a long time without being able to redo or touch up my makeup. It has nice pigmentation and is easy to blend into the skin.

L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup ($8.99) - Small hint of shine. This foundation is a fan favorite and a favorite of mine. It blends on so nicely and has great pigmentation. It never feels like I am wearing makeup when I wear this foundation and I never feel like I need to reapply hours after I put it on. If you are looking for a nice, light, easy to apply, awesome coverage foundation then this is the one for you.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin ($11.99) - Dewy finish. My favorite!! I just love the way my skin looks after I apply this foundation. I always feel like I have perfect skin after I apply this foundation. It covers my redness and blemishes but doesn't make my skin look like I am wearing makeup, which I love. With a brush I blend this into my skin and set with a powder and BLAM! perfect skin. Love it!





4 comments:

Nice post! GOt some great info on some possible new foundations. Check my blog out for a giveaway!
Thanks for the post!! What brush do you use for the foundation? Does it differ for each fundation?

And what powder do you use to set it?
Thanks everyone!

Lydia - I use the buffer brush from Real Techniques Core Collection to apply my foundation! I use this brush for all of my liquid foundations.
To set my foundation I use Maybelline Dream Matte Powder and I use the elf studio Powder brush to apply that. I swirl it in the powder than gently dab it on my face with the brush (I don't drag the brush but press it onto my skin). If you have anymore questions feel free to ask me :D Thanks for psoting!

Post a Comment