Monday, November 14, 2011

My Vanity

I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my own *space* to do my make-up. Though my area isn't exactly what I wish for, it's good enough for now! I live in a small basement apartment at my boyfriends' and we don't have a lot of room. I took what I could and I made the most of it! I cannot wait until we move into a bigger place so I can hopefully steal the spare bedroom and make it into my own makeup room LOL but for now, this is my place and I wanted to show you guys! There are still a few things I need to do to it, but I will just get to the pictures ;)
So, this is my vanity. It was actually an old desk that was in the basement and I painted it and fixed it up a bit. It started off as this really ugly brown and just took a white spray can and spray painted the whole thing! I love the way it came out! I want to replace the plastic drawer and storage bin with acrylic drawers. Anyone know of a good place to buy them?


I have my nail polishes placed on the top along with my favorite perfumes and lotion. That cute frame is one I got from TJ Maxx for only $7.99, obsessed with it! On the main desk I have everything to do with my make-up. To the right I have a crappy little plastic drawer that has some of my tools (eyelash curlers, brushes, eyelash glue, etc), eye makeup (eyeliners, jumbo pencils, mascaras, concealers) and hair supplies (bobby pins, hair elastics, combs, etc). Then in the glass jar I have my main brushes I use there so I have easy access to them. On top of the drawer I have my lip glosses, eyeshadow palettes, and cream eye shadows. Then finally I have a decorative storage bin from TJ Maxx that has all of my lipsticks, face makeup, and primers. To the left side of the main desk I have my jar that I keep my cameras and cords in, my 15th Anniversary Palette from UD, lamp, costume jewelry hanging, and my iHome. There is a cork board I placed behind it all.



                   Fantasy By Britney Spears, Love ETC from the Body Shop, Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture, Pink Sugar, and Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture.


I adore my OPI polishes. I don't have too many (Around 14 bottles or so) but I only choose the colors I truly love. I have a lot of other brands that are nice, but OPI is definitely my favorite! I'm going to continue expanding my OPI collection but I would also like to look into Orly and Zoya. I have all of the Essie I want at this point, so I am going to hold off on those until some really awesome colors come out that I can't help but buy.






Just wanted to add a closeup of my frame. I have pictures of my BEAUTIFUL niece laid on top of the glass. She is so cute! I need to find a way to fit them all in the frame nicely but I don't want to damage or cut them just yet. Any ideas?








So that is my vanity!! I don't have any close ups of my makeup and I have no where near as much as a lot people out there but I am still building! I hope that you enjoyed my post! Ta-ta!

3 comments:

Your vanity is really nice. Great photos!
I love it! I may need to borrow some of your nail polishes! ;)
Thanks Lovlies!! Anytime Daisy ;) I have plenty of them!!

Post a Comment